Elder Webster

Elder Webster

Monday, August 19, 2013


August 19th

Dear Family,
This was one of the best Weeks that I’ve had in the mission. We had Zone Conference and we also had Stake Conference.

First With Zone Conference. I was completely blown away with all of the things that President Smith taught. He talked a lot about ¨Hoy es el Dia¨ Today is the Day in that the Lord is quickening his work and that we as missionaries need to have this testimony. We also talked about practicing and practicing and re-practicing. He also showed us a completely new way in presenting the 1st lesson about the restoration and about presenting the Book of Mormon…that we don’t just teach lessons…we teach people. You need to help them have an experience the first time that you go to visit them…and it’s true. The president Smith also talked about doubling the attendance in all of our wards by 100%. He said so much that I’ll need to write a letter to you guys.

At the end of Zone Conference, we always get to hear the testimonies of the “greenie” missionaries (the new missionaries) and the “faithful” (missionaries ending their missions). I got to hear my son, Elder Evans, give his first testimony. He did an awesome job. He has a very strong testimony for being in the mission only 3 months. After that, me and 3 other missionaries had to share our testimony for the last time. I was chosen last to share being a Webster, W. They asked us to bear our testimonies based on using 3 words. ¨Yo sè que...” or “I know that...”

After Sharing my testimony, President Smith thanked the faithful missionaries for their testimonies and then said, “I didn’t know Elder Webster was going home, it’s too bad because we are going to miss him.¨ I was surprised to hear that. I wasn’t really sure what President was trying to say.

I remember praying with Elder Evans about really knowing if “today really is the day that the Lord is quickening his work.” We decided to pray together, so that together we could receive this testimony. I remember praying first, and pleading and asking for a response, when I said amen we stopped to listen for a little while. I felt peace and comfort but I needed more. I asked Elder Evans to pray. during his prayer he knew that I felt doubt in my heart and he prayed for me asking that I would be helped to receive an answer. When I heard those words, the spirit touched me and I knew what President Smith had taught us were true.

We had Stake Conference and President Smith and a Seventy both spoke. Later that day we received a reference from President Smith. He and the Seventy both stayed at the same hotel and they stopped to talk with one of the receptionists named Patricia. She had talked to President Heaton a couple of times in the past. President Smith said that he felt something when he talked to her and he told her that she had a strong spirit about her. He asked if he could write her name and direction down and give it to the missionaries. She said yes.

We went to the reference later that very same day. We Found Patricia and her family, her dad Leonel, her mom, Raquel, and her brother, Leonel Jr. We had one of the strongest lessons that I have ever had in my mission. I felt the spirit. At the end of the lesson, Patricia asked an interesting question. She asked if we believed if we all had a body and a spirit. Because she had talked to Jehovahs Witnesses and they taught her that we don’t have spirits, only a body. That had always bothered her. When President Smith told her that she felt something and felt like that, she needed to talk to the missionaries. We are going today to talk to them again.

PLEASE pray for this family. The Suarez Family.

I was so happy to hear that Laurens week went so well. I was praying very hard for her. I’m also very happy that she is inviting friends to talk to the missionaries. THAT’S MY SISTER!

Love you guys. I’m praying for all of you. Especially you Steve, keep working hard.

Thanks so much for everything. Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment