Elder Webster

Elder Webster

Monday, April 29, 2013


April 28, 2013

Hey Family,

How’s it going? So, it was tough to leave all of my friends and converts in Tacuarembò, but I already feel at home here in Artigas. I’m in a ward that’s one of the strongest here in Uruguay, but it’s passing through a tough time right now…as well with the whole zone. And it’s because of disobedient missionaries. President called me in to revive the area and help out the zone as a District Leader and help out the missionaries to work. When I got here the area was dead. No investigators no families to work with, no nada. So, I’m starting from scratch. Trying to find people through our own means. We talked to the bishop; we set up a plan, called new ward missionaries, and set-up visits for less active members. We are also in charge of a future branch. We direct and give messages during Sacrament. We have the reunions in a house of a less active. She is coming around.

My Companion is Named Elder Nelson, He is also from St. George. He went to Dixie High School and already knew all about me…that I played football and basketball. Sadly to say I didn’t know anything about him. He’s really cool, we graduated the same year. He has 8 months in the mission. I see a lot of me in him. He hasn’t had a lot of help from his other companions, but I’ve already seen a lot of progress with him with only 5 days together. As you can see, I have my hands really full. However, I’m happy, I’m up to the challenge. I’m becoming the person that I need to become. I’m overcoming my fears of talking in public. On my first day in the area, I had to do an activity for ward activity night. We did some sort of a game show and I was the host. I feel like I did a good job of gaining their confidence. It’s all about confidence. If you think you can do something, then you can do it. It’s just all about being positive. I keep praying that I can make a difference, or do my part to help this zone get back on top. In this situation, I’m reminded of Mitt Romney when he had to turn around the Olympics.

No Investigators…but by next week I’ll be ready to give a good report.

I saw the photos of dad in Washington D.C. and wow I really want to go someday. I hope dad is happy doing what he is doing.

Well Family, I hope all is well. I’m praying for you guys and pray for your success and your protection

Just please pray for me that I can make the difference and that I can receive help from on high. I know I’m weak, but I know with His help I can do it.

Love Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment