Elder Webster

Elder Webster

Monday, April 1, 2013


 April 1, 2013

Hola Famila,

How is everyone doing? I hope This Easter was an eventful one. It was for me. I had a good time studying about the resurrection with my companion and President Heaton. We had interviews this week, and the president, his wife, and the assistants came down to talk to our zone and give us some advice. They talked about knowing our weapons, about knowing the Book of Mormon and being able to share something at a minutes notice. They also talked about sharing the book with families and that there are many scriptures in the Book of Mormon that talk to the family. After that I went in to have what would be my last interview with President Heaton. They go home in June. It will be very different having a different mission president. I will miss them. I’ll have to try to invite them to my home coming. There’s plenty of time for that. In my interview, he told me that he was very happy with my efforts as a missionary and that I could be considered a successful missionary and that I had overcome many obstacles in the mission. He also talked about receiving revelation in the mission. After that we talked about D&C 138 when President Joseph F. Smith received revelation about the spirit world. He said this is a good lesson for all on how to receive revelation.

After that we talked about some of our Investigators. We talked about Sara and how she was doing. That she was infronting a lot of problems. He asked if we were going to have a lesson with her that day and I said “yes.” He asked to arrange a meeting and a lesson with her. Later that day, President Heaton came with us to the lesson with Sara. He helped her out a lot by giving her hope in this life. It was great having him there. I’ll have to write more about that in my letter.

I heard about Lauren. That’s okay, maybe it wasn’t meant to be. I remember Grandpa R’s story about when he failed an exam or wasn’t accepted to become a college professor. And that he was greatly disappointed. He didn’t understand why that happened. So he took a different path with his career and ended up making a lot more money in this other job. Lauren will have to ask grandpa about that story.

I’m happy people came to help with the move. I remember going to help people move into or out of there houses and it only being me and dad and maybe one other Elder. I’m glad people came to help. You’ll have to thank them for me. I’m also happy I’ll be coming back to that ward to give my coming home talk.

Question: This is kind of a trunky question, but I need to ask it. When I reach to my 18 month mark they send a paper asking for who is your bishop your stake president…your address, if your parents are going to come look for you…if you are going home early to study. But If I’m registered in the same ward I just need to put Bishop Mayfield and President Bangerter. I just need our new address I guess.

Thanks so much family. I love you guys so much. I’m still praying for you guys and I’ll be praying for Lauren especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment