Elder Webster

Elder Webster

Monday, April 22, 2013


April 21, 2013

Hola familia,

This was transfers and I’m heading out to another area. This area is called Artigas. About 6 months ago when I was coming here to this area, I had a layover in This same city. I went out with an elder to go visit some of the members. I remember thinking, wow, these members are amazing, and that I wish I could be in a ward like that someday. I couldn’t believe that I was getting sent back to this very same ward. I can’t tell you how happy I was. I was also a little intimidated. This area is famous in the mission. It’s where they send all of the studs…even legendary missionaries to this ward because they always are baptizing a lot of people. I remember I was eating lunch with a member family when they called me to tell where I was going. After the phone call I was telling this to the members and I felt a little intimidated by this ward. The mom and her daughter were telling me that I don’t need to be intimidated. God called you to this area because he knew you were needed. “He called you because you are capable.” That really was a tender mercy for me. I need to have more confidence in my abilities and not compare myself to other missionaries. I’m also District Leader again. I can see that God is helping me and guiding me to become the person that I need to become.

I’m really going to miss this area, especially the converts Sandra and Sara. Just because we went through a lot with them. I pray that the rest of their families can receive the gospel. The 3 kids of Sandra have a baptismal date for the 11th May. I’m hoping that I can come back for the baptism. I feel sad to leave because I actually have made some really good friends here, unlike the other areas I’ve been in. Friends I hope to keep for the rest of my life.

I have changed a lot here in Tacuarembó, I actually feel like a missionary now. My Spanish is a lot better. But I still need to keep practicing.

Lauren Does not even look the same. Her Smile is amazing. I’m very pleased with the work of Dr. Simister…haha. But wow, she has a great smile now.

I hope Stephen can get his act together, for when I get home. I just need to keep praying for him, and for what I can do to help him.

Answers:
1. Artigas Barrio... they talk a lot of Portuguese up there because it’s on the border with Brazil. Everything is also a lot cheaper up there. I’m pretty excited to go.
2. Birthday…I would like a pair of black pants. All of my pants are starting to wear out. I just need one more pair to help with the rotation. I would like some money to buy a scripture case made here. They make some pretty cool cases with pictures burned on to leather case. Also, maybe also another motab CD
3. Deodorant please, and did you get another debit card sent off?

Thanks so much family. I can see God blessing our lives so much in our lives. It makes me so happy that I chose to serve a mission. I hope we can keep working hard on helping our family be more united and stay on the path, so we can be together forever.

Love you Guys
Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment