Elder Webster

Elder Webster

Monday, June 10, 2013


JUNE 9th

Hey Family. So I went to Montevideo Tuesday night to go look for my new companion. It was fun seeing a lot of old friends. My new companion is named Elder Evans, he’s from Canada. He is also half Chinese, which is awesome. I think it’s a pretty funny combination. A Chinese Canadian speaking Spanish (haha). He’s awesome. He is really smart and is very excited to be working.

We had an investigator go to church yesterday that was a big surprise. Her name is Gabriela. She is 16 years old. I met her on my first day in Artigas. She was hanging out in the house of a member and we shared a lesson with her. Six weeks later, we found her again in the house of this member and we invited her to go to church. Sister Simon, the mom of this family invited her to come and she said she would…and she came. I was pretty shocked when I saw her. I had a good feeling about her the first time I saw her on my first day here. I hope she’ll be able to progress. She has a lot of support from this family.

We also had another good experience with the Simon family. They have 3 sons. Two of them are members. One of them isn’t because he plays professional soccer. He is always in Montevideo playing. He came home for the weekend, and we had the Chance to teach him a little. I also have a good feeling about him. I want to be able to help him, to help complete this awesome family.

We are hoping to have 2 baptisms this week. Please pray for Valeria and Richard that everything will go well and smooth.

I also can relate with Lauren, wishing that I had a sibling with me in high school. I wonder how different it would’ve been if Brennan was there. I guess there were lessons that I could only learn alone. I think it was the same way with my Church quorums. I didn’t have friends from high school with me. I needed to learn something. I know it’s the same for Lauren.

I feel happy as a missionary. I’m working hard, but lately I’ve had a feeling of uneasiness. I don’t know why. I’m sure God is trying to show me or teach me something. I just don’t know what.

Thanks for everything family. I love you guys.

Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment