Elder Webster

Elder Webster

Tuesday, June 4, 2013


JUNE 4

Hey Family,

Today was transfers and my companion Elder Nelson is leaving. I’m staying. I was also called to be a trainer again. Tonight, I’m heading to Montevideo to look for my kid (new companion). It’s an 8 hour bus ride. I’ll go down there tonight, and then get back Wednesday Night.
I’m pretty excited to be training again. It’s a really good experience and I know I’ll be putting a great influence on a new missionary.

This week was really a week of miracles. Last Friday we found an awesome family. Family Rodriguez. We found them when we were just walking down a street and we saw the mom outside her house. We decided to go talk to her. We chatted for a little bit and we asked her if we could share a message with her. She said yes! So, we entered into her house and gave a quick lesson to her (Laura) and her 2 kids. We talked to her about the Book of Mormon and about the restoration and we invited her to come to church. She said she wasn’t sure because she had to ask her husband about it. She said come back tomorrow and ask him. We came back the next day and talked to the husband (Luciano). We invited him to church with his family. The family was a little reluctant but Luciano said I will go. “You have my word.” The next day he came to church. The mom stayed home to cook, but she said the next week she was going to come. We invited them to be baptized and they said if they receive an answer from God, they would be baptized.

I love this Family. I’ve never had the chance to teach an actual family like this one. Please pray for them; Family Rodriguez.

We also have another investigator that has a baptismal date for the 15th of June. Her Name is Valeria. She is amazing. She’s 20 years old and a friend from her college class invited her to church one day and she reluctantly came. She came about 2 weeks ago and loved it. She loves going to the classes and she loves reading in the Book of Mormon. Her Parents are both inactive in the church and haven’t been to church for over 20 years. I always love going to their house. I always feel the spirit so strongly.

I’m really enjoying the work as a missionary. I’ve never felt so happy. I can see God’s hand in my life and I feel his presence more than ever. I also know that Brennan is with me often, and that we make a great team…an unmatchable force. But I know that He is also very busy with his mission. I like to think he has time to help us in our lives.

I’m also glad that I’m learning to do God’s will and not my will. I know tough things happen in our lives, but I know that Heavenly Father only wants what is best for me.

I love Artigas. I love the members and I love the Investigators that we have.

Love you Family. I know Heavenly Father is watching over you guys and that I don’t have to worry myself. I know He is blessing our family.

Love Elder Webster

Sports are important. You learn many great qualities: How to work as a team, Leadership abilities, and you learn how to deal with adversity…a very important lesson to help prepare you for life. I wouldn’t be the same person without all of those great experiences. Follow the spirit is a great Answer.

I love that story about Stephen and football practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment