Elder Webster

Elder Webster

Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 10, 2011


November 10, 2011
Hey family,
Things are going great here at the CCM. We just had a transfer and it seemed like everyone in the MTC left. There were only 13 missionaries in the MTC for a whole week. It felt like a ghost town going from 50 to only 13. Plus the President of the MTC left town. Once the teachers went home we were the only ones in the whole building. Kind of a weird feeling, but we have a Counselor to the President here named Gomez Paz. He looks like would be in the mafia…just the way he looks and talks. Every day he just shows up with candy or ice cream or just things that are really hard to get here in Argentina. It’s funny because when we ask him where he gets this stuff he just says, “I have my ways,” and just laughs. He has made this week very fun. I have had a chance to talk to him by myself and he gave me some encouragement on the language. He said sometimes the Elders who have the most trouble learning the language at first in the MTC actually do better in the mission field because they keep practicing everyday and they master the language. The missionaries that learned it so easily plateau because they feel they have enough Spanish to teach. This gave me great comfort and extra determination. I study whenever I can. I bring note cards to meals and try going over subjects while I eat. I even try to do that during free time when we are playing sports. It’s a little harder to multitask when playing soccer with the latinos though, they are all just way too good at soccer. It’s not even fair.
Happy Birthday Mom. I love you so much and I hope it was good birthday.  I always love November because it’s yours and dads birthday, and then there is Thanksgiving and football and just so much great stuff.
Well, I miss you all. Thank you for the sports updates. I’ll try writing a little more since they only give us 30 minutes to write emails. I pray for you guys individually every night.
Love Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment