Elder Webster

Elder Webster

Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9, 2012


Hey Family, how is it going with everyone? I hope you guys are enjoying the nice heat of St. George. I’m actually enjoying the cold weather here. Not sure why, I like wearing my winter gear, and making hot chocolate for myself every night. Our heater broke yesterday, not that it did that much for us. So it’s been cold. 

This past week we had an investigator die. She passed away in her sleep last Monday. She’d been talking with the missionaries for a while now. But only just now was she thinking about baptism. It was a very sad experience to be apart of. It’s hard to think about what’s going to happen to these people after this life. I just know God will make everything right.

We Found a really cool lady the other day named Erika. We were walking in the street and two little girls ran by and said ¨hey that person believes in God and wants to talk to you.¨ We went and knocked the door and this 20 year old girl came out. We shared a message with her and she seemed Golden just from talking to her. Hopefully she’ll progress.

Transfers are next week. I’ll be talking to you guys on Tuesday. it’ll be interesting to see if I stay here for another transfer or not. usually the max is 4 transfers in the same area. We’ll see.

Answers.1. the Reason I haven’t written a letter in a while is that the Elders in our district always want to go and do something that will take up the whole day. The past 4 weeks we’ve been out of the house doing things. Kind of frustrating. I’d much rather just take a relaxing p-day instead of just trying to rush everything. Today I’ll finish a letter for you guys.

2.I don’t really need anything. You guys already sent me a lot of things. I feel bad you guys spent that much money on me. I’m very thankful for what you guys sent me. I loved the tape you sent, and the soccer jersey and hat, and the cake mix and everything else. My comp really enjoys the beanie bags that you sent. He really likes to juggle. I’m good for now. Thanks.

3. This week was good and bad. We found some people and we lost some people. I feel like things are getting better. I’m just trying not to get frustrated or upset with the work. I know I’m doing something here that’s good wether its planting seeds or helping the spread the word. 

4. Answer to dads question about Spanish. Everyday I write down 5 new Spanish words and 1 verb and memorize them through the day. Also I’ve been trying to memorize scripture mastery scriptures in Spanish and English. 
Questions: 1. When you say you are sending letters are you meaning through email or letters? I haven’t received an actual enveloped letter from you since February. 

2. Did you guys go wake boarding? I hope you enjoyed the river. I look at our river here in Mercedes and think about the Columbia River in Washington. 

3. Anything I can do for you guys?

Well Thanks you guys for everything. I love you guys so much. Les Amo muchísimo Elder Webster 

No comments:

Post a Comment