Elder Webster

Elder Webster

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October 9, 2012


October 9, 2012

Hey Family how is it going? I’m doing well. This week was very busy with conference. We rode our bikes into the city to sleep over with the zone leaders Friday night. There were lots of storm warnings over the weekend and the storm came a lot harder than expected. I was very glad I was in the city and not out in the country. Some rivers flooded over streets. Pretty bad. Today it’s raining even harder and we can’t really leave our house because the streets on both sides of us are flooded. Hopefully, it stops raining soon.

I loved Conference. It definitely was a joy to watch all of the sessions, take notes and watch in English. All of the Americans were in a little room watching on a little TV in English. Some of my favorite talks were by President Eyring in priesthood and Sunday session. It answered a lot of questions that I had written before the conference. Also, of course president Holland’s talk. I knew of this talk before, but this talk was different. Just in spirit and a lot more emphasis in the phrase: “Peter do you love me?” All of us will be asked that question at the judgment bar. I loved what he said about baptizing someone saying that it does not only change them, but it should change you. I look forward to the time when I can have that opportunity.

Changes are tomorrow. I’m staying here in Colonia 18. My new companion will be Elder Manning. He’s from Las Vegas. Other than that, I don’t know anything about him. He’ll get here tomorrow afternoon. I’ll miss Elder Rivera. He just got called to be a Zone Leader. Pretty cool.

That’s pretty cool about the Romney Debate. I’m really happy about that. I was reading in this months Liahona about the Book of Mormon. And about how God uses inspired leaders to help us overcome the problems of the world. Like Captain Moroni and his title of liberty. Leading the Nephites in times of war and political rebellion. I really think Mitt is an inspired leader. I feel good when praying for him.

I’m excited for Lauren. I’m glad she’s having success in sports. I’m proud to be her older brother. I hope she’s doing well. I haven’t heard from her in awhile.

Christmas list: I would like a cook book. I know there is a book in Deseret Book called cooking for missionaries or college students. Also, Mormon Tabernacle Choir with Catherine Jenkins. Also, a small English dictionary (as small as you can find).

Well, love you guys. I hope all is going well. I’ll be praying for you guys with the election that you can extra strength to keep working at the Victory Center.
Tell Grandma after watching Elder Scotts talk and the Mormon ad between conference sessions about the family in Illinois. I want to do family history work with her when I get home.

hasta la luego, Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment