Elder Webster

Elder Webster

Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29, 2012


October 28, 2012

Hey Family. Last Saturday we had a special mission conference with Elder Oaks. It was a really great conference. He talked about repentance and how necessary it is in our lives and in the lives of our investigators. I already wrote a letter about all the talks given. Hopefully, they get there soon.

One of the biggest things that I was impressed with was that I came to the conference looking for a way to change me. To become the man God wants me to become. He gave that talk about repentance. Repentance means change. I was very impressed with all of the talks given.
We all got to shake his hand. Pretty funny…just a few years ago he was sitting by me in our church listening-in on our Priest quorum class.

I’ve been really enjoying listening to conference talks in the morning. I always find myself listening to Elder Holland’s talk and Elder Eyring’s two talks.

It’s starting to get really hot here. It’s the humidity that kills me. There is no perfect temperature; it’s either hot or cold.

I’ve been having great experiences in lessons. Teaching is getting better and I feel the spirit testifying of my teachings. I think that’s the most important thing I can be doing as a missionary. Now, it’s just up to the people to use their agency and accept it. I just always pray that my testimony can touch these people’s hearts.

I’m very excited for these upcoming weeks with the election and high school play-offs. I pray for you guys that you can have the strength to keep going with all of the work. I’m very proud of you guys to be working on such a great cause. I’ve been praying for Steve that he can find direction in his life. I feel Stephen will find his direction soon.

Answers: Grandma Poulton’s letters always get to me in about 2 to 3 weeks. What ever she is doing is working. I did not get the package yet, probably tomorrow. For Christmas I would like 2 new pairs of garments, a few ties (I’ve given away a few to members who don’t have them). I don’t really need too much more. I still have plenty of shampoo…Maybe a pack of tooth brushes and tooth paste. I’m very welcome on receiving food items and dessert packages. Maybe pictures. My comps family sent him 2 English dictionaries; he gave me one so I don’t need one now.

Questions: do you think I need to start thinking about applying for school? Also, my personal debit card expired last month. I can’t take out money. How can I renew that?

I’m so thankful for my family. What I really want to do is go to the temple when I get back. Please help all so we can all go. I have been with a lot of companions who don’t have the same family unity as we do. But we all need to keep trying to get better.

Thanks for the emails. It’s always uplifting. I love you guys thanks for everything and all of your support.

Date: October 29
Subject: Re: Lauren's email

Hey Lauren, what’s up? I still can’t believe that you are a freshman. Freshman year was one of my most fun years. Enjoy every moment of it. I hope you have been having fun with seminary. I still remember a lot of the things I learned in seminary, and it’s so nice having that part of the day to get away from school and feel the spirit. Lauren, I hope you are well. Please remember to pray and read your scriptures. The times in high school when my grades were highest were when I was reading my scriptures everyday. I love you Lauren. Later gator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment