Elder Webster

Elder Webster

Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3, 2012

-->
From: Chase Webster
Date: December 3, 2012 9:11:54 AM MST
Subject: Re: It’s December

Hey Family,

This week went by very fast. Tacuarembo is a really awesome area. The Ward is really great. We have about 4 young men who are getting ready to turn in their papers to serve missions. They are all studs, and they all love going out with the missionaries. I’m enjoying that. Also, I’ve been having a lot more success with my Spanish. I’ve been dedicating a lot of my extra time in the morning studying Spanish. I’ve been doing this for about 6 weeks now, and I’m seeing the fruits. I’ve been loosing exercise time, but I think this is a higher priority.

This week we found a lady named Medium. She is a middle-aged lady who told a member friend that she was passing through a difficult time in her life and needed some help and relief. This member lady thought of President Nelson’s talk from last General Conference and asked her if she would like to talk with the missionaries. She accepted and we went over to her house and talked to her. We focused our message on the Gospel and how it blesses our lives and our family’s lives…and provides relief. She really liked what she heard and loved talking to us. She asked us to come back. She has a tough work schedule and she is also a single parent raising 2 kids. So we only have time to visit her a couple days in the week. Please pray for her that she can progress.

We have a couple of other investigators but I really like this lady. She seems like she was prepared to hear the missionaries.

Shopping is great. This city has a main street that’s pretty close to our house and it’s filled with all kinds of shopping. We also have a little store right in front of our house where we always go to buy food for the mornings. I’m loving this area.

We played a little soccer this morning. One of the youth in the ward is trying to teach me how to do a bicycle kick and other tricks like that. Soccer can be very fun. Its crazy how it’s so big in the rest of the world, but in the United States it barely exists.

I`m great, I love being a missionary, I’ve been trying so hard the past couple of weeks just trying to do my very best and to keep trying to get better and to just be who Heavenly Father wants me to be.

Grandmas Christmas package already got here. I already ate the candy inside or gave it away to members but I’m saving the present until Christmas day.

Thanks Family for Everything. Love you guys so much. If you need anything from me just let me know.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment