Elder Webster

Elder Webster

Monday, November 26, 2012

November 26, 2012


November 26, 2012

Hola Familia ¿como están? Well, This week I got changed to my new area. Tacuarembo barrio 5. I’m back into the city but its not that big of a city which is nice. It’s right in the middle of Uruguay and it’s famous for all of its native South American artifacts that have been found here. I´m going to miss a lot of the members that were in that small branch. I spent a lot of time with them. I left Colonia 18 at about 7:00 in the morning. The Trip was actually really great. I took a bus ride for about 2 hours then we had a hang over in Artigas for a few hours. One of my Latino Elder friends who was waiting with me asked me if I could go with him to visit a few members. He had already been in the area.

My Apartment is amazing, the nicest one I’ve been in. It has air conditioning and tiled floors. We live in like a pool house in the back yard of a member. I’m loving it so far. People say its one of the best houses in the mission. The Ward here is pretty strong. All of the members have been really nice to me. They have two names for me either gaucho (which means cowboy) or Owen Wilson…ha ha. They call me cowboy because I´m wearing my cowboy hat again now that it’s getting really warm outside and Owen Wilson Because I have Blond hair. Uruguayans love movie stars.

I’m really enjoying my time in my new area. I’m with Elder Vasques. He’s from Costa Rica; he’s a really cool guy. He’s very good with the people. He likes to talk a lot and make jokes and is pretty out going. I’m sure I’ll learn a thing or two with him.

The investigator pool is a little dry. We are working with a lady named Sandra, she wants to be baptized but her only problem is that she isn’t married and her kids don’t want her to get married with the man she’s with. It’s difficult. Please Pray for her. She couldn’t come to church this last week because she was sick. We went to her house to give her a blessing. She was under the weather and hurt her back working. (I can understand that one) so my companion anointed her with oil and I gave the blessing. It had been awhile since I had given a blessing. I always have a great testimony of the power of the priesthood when I give blessings. I so glad to be worthy to be able to give blessings like that.

I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving. I totally spaced Thanksgiving.  I don’t know what happened. I just forgot about it. This is odd because it is one of my favorite holidays.
I hope Dad’s birthday went great. I hope he will get the job with the Chris Stewart deal.

Well, I love you guys so much, I look forward to seeing you all during Christmas.
Love Elder Webster 

No comments:

Post a Comment