Elder Webster

Elder Webster

Tuesday, July 16, 2013


JULY 16th

Hey family, this was a week with some mixed emotions. I guess that’s how the mission is. Like a rollercoaster, filled with ups and downs. Recently we’ve been working with an area trying to start a branch. They’ve been having reunions there for a year now. They are thinking of closing it because they haven’t seen much progress. They just see the same people come. About 15 go every week, including us and the bishop. We are just struggling right now over there.

With the Ward things are going pretty great. Gabriela had a pretty rough week. Her parents are not showing much support. Down here they were in winter vacations and Gabriela went to her dad’s house. Her dad is the one that is not showing the support. Her dad says it’s a waste of time to go to church. Her dad wouldn’t even let us have a lesson in his house. Now that vacations are over, we could talk to her again in the house of her mom. We always love teaching her because she understands so well the doctrine and accepts the things that we are teaching. Yesterday, we taught the word of wisdom and she vowed to never drink alcohol or coffee again. Pretty awesome!

Well, with the transfers Elder Evans and I are staying together for another transfer to finish his training. It will be another transfer here in Artigas. I’m pretty excited. I just want to see Gabriela get baptized, and also find a family. I’ve been struggling in this area; I need to find one family before I go home. That’s one of my goals.

I’m learning how to be more patient as a missionary, sometimes you have to work without seeing the fruits, but Heavenly Father always keeps his promises. I love the promise that Heavenly Father gave to the sons of Mosiah at the end Alma chapter 25. It talks about God fulfilling all of His promises in every detail. Sometimes we just have wait and hope until help arrives.

I’m loving the mission. It’s hard and sometimes I don’t feel like I can go on, but I always receive the strength I need. Sometimes enduring until the end, is just trying to get through the end of the day.

Elder Evans is really progressing a lot. I love his attitude; he is always willing to try new things and his always practicing his Spanish. He has a great study ethic. This is something that I have always struggled with, but I’m working on it.

I’m praying for you guys; tell me if you guys need anything.

I tried my debit card but I don’t know if it’s just because the bank doesn’t accept my kind of card, or because I forgot my debit number. I’m pretty sure its the one I tried. I’m going to try again today at another bank, but next week I’ll let you guys know.

Thanks so much. You guys really are the best family in the world.

Love Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment