Elder Webster

Elder Webster

Monday, July 29, 2013


JULY 29th

Dear Family how are you guys? I’m doing pretty well. Today, we had a random heat wave and everyone is outside in shorts and t shirts. It was pretty fun to play soccer in the nice weather today. I’m loving the ward that I am in. All of the members are awesome. Some of them are a little crazy, but that’s what makes them so awesome, and it always keeps things exciting.

Gabriela couldn’t come to church this week, because she is working in the free shops which only sell things Sundays in the morning during church. She’s so ready to be baptized, but she just can’t get over this work problem. Please pray for her.

This week we had a missionary come home from his mission in Brazil. He gave a great talk about completing our missions with attitude. He talked about Nephi and his brothers all were called to go back to Jerusalem to get the plates, and they all went with different attitudes. They all completed their missions in the end, but what they did and how they did their missions had a great after affect in lives. I’m working on that. They all had the same results in completing their father’s mission, but they all had different results in the way they did their missions.

We helped complete some service with the bishop this week. He’s trying to plant a garden in his back yard; whenever I’m working in a garden I often wonder why in the scriptures they use so many parables about gardens. I think you can learn great things from being a gardener.

This week I showed up at our ward night activity and the bishop was in charge of the lesson that was to be shared. Well, he called us 5 minutes before the meeting saying he wasn’t going to be able to make it. So everyone looked to me to give the message (it’s awesome being a missionary). I gave a lesson on completing our assignments like Nephi did when he was commanded to build a boat. Nephi was given an assignment and trusted in the lord even though he had no idea how to build a boat. Many of us sometimes feel very inadequate. God helps us so we can build our boats. He just asks that we do our best.

I love you guys. Thanks for all of your support. I’m trying my best to be the best missionary that I can be. Thank you for your prayers.


Love,

Elder Chase Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment