Elder Webster

Elder Webster

Monday, July 1, 2013


JULY 1st

Hey Family. It was just another week in Uruguay. The weather is very nice, which is pretty weird since we are in July now. Last year during this time it was freezing. I’m enjoying it while I still can.  We had a baptism this last week. Richard Devargas. Richard is a very special person. He is 16 years old, but he has a few mental problems. It was a challenge teaching him the lessons, but Richard studied hard and prayed for help. Last Saturday he was baptized by our bishop.

Our bishop has been having a pretty tough time with dealing with all of the drama that goes on in our ward. I’ve learned a lot being here in this ward. I have a pretty close relation with the bishop. He’s awesome. He has a computer lab in his house. He’s a pretty smart guy, but they live a pretty humble lifestyle. Today, he came and played soccer with us and the missionaries. He’s in his 40’s but he still plays better then all of the missionaries.

This week we’ve been working with a 16 year old investigator named Gabriela. She’s been to church 2 times now. She’s awesome because she is so easy to teach. She asks questions, she studies what we teach her. She just has a hunger to learn more. We had a conference a few weeks ago about finding the people that are truly prepared to receive the gospel. They told us that these people are easy to teach, keep their commitments, and don’t postpone their baptismal dates. I’m really excited about Gabriela. She even went to a stake dance with a friend from school who is member. We are hoping that everything goes well with her.

Our soccer friend, Giraldo, also went to church this week. He is on vacation for 2 weeks, so we are going to be able to talk to him a lot more than what we are used to. He accepts everything. He reads, he listens, he does everything and he just has doubts about the law of chastity. He’s not sure if he can make that change in his life. He says no one in the world lives that law. I now realize how much of a bubble I lived in before the mission. It’s pretty crazy how far off the edge the world has gone. We are trying to work with him, please pray for him. He’s an awesome person and he needs this help.

Hey family, I love you a lot. I’m loving the mission right now. It’s hard. It’s really hard sometimes. Recently, I’ve been in a spiritual rut, but I know Heavenly Father is preparing me for something greater. I just need to understand what Heavenly Father wants me to do before I end my mission.

We played soccer today for p day. We played with the missionaries from our district, and the bishop and his son. I’m getting pretty good. But I’m still not as good as the youth here. It’s crazy how good the Uruguayans are. But it’s fun and competitive.

I don’t think I need anything for now...maybe just more peanut butter. I’ll let you guys know.

But I love you guys and I’m praying for you guys. Let me know if you need anything.

Love Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment