Elder Webster

Elder Webster

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Handwritten Letter Dated December 4, 2011


December 4, 2011
Hola Familia  y amigas,
            I am so happy for the time I have to write to you guys. I have been thinking a lot about you guys since I received your emails. I am really happy to hear about my request for testimonies have been answered. I can’t wait to read them.
            I want to express my deep gratitude for family prayer; I always feel so much comfort when I hear personas are praying for me. I feel the power of others everyday here in the MTC. Lacey’s letter touched me when she said her dad (Rusty) said “ we are going to have family prayer and pray for Chase everyday until he comes home.” She then also said they have been doing this since I've been gone, and that by doing so has brought them closer as a family. I love hearing this the power of family prayer and bringing them closer together as a family.  Please tell the Lowe’s and everyone else “thank you”, for their prayers.
            This week we’ve had a rough time with one of the sister missionaries. She is just having trouble and she wanted to go home. But we talked and we decided that I should give her a blessing. (Take note I’ve never given anyone a blessing before). So I prepared myself the best I could. President George gave me some sound direction saying that when you give a blessing, be sure to give blessings not ask for them. I took this to heart thinking, you are exercising Gods power and that He is using you as a mouthpiece, His tool! When the time came to give the blessing I was really nervous but I’ve never felt so confident in Gods power. My companion and I laid our hands upon her head; and I gave her a Priesthood blessing. It was a blessing of comfort, and I felt Gods love fall upon her. It was an awesome experience for me. I know I have a testimony of the Priesthood and its power. This sister has decided to stay and she said that things are starting to turn around. She bore her testimony today of the power of the priesthood.
            Spanish is still a struggle. Today I was “released” from being a district leader, my six weeks are up. (Very sad) I really enjoyed helping people and I am going to miss it. Well I miss you guys so much. I pray for you and hope all is well.
Love ya’ll
Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment